While nobody would dispute that the Internet is an indispensable tool for business, there exist many malicious sites that would trap users, potentially infecting systems with viruses or installing spyware when carelessly accessed. An efficient solution is necessary for administrators to manage web access and control traffic when employees access websites. ZyXEL Content Filtering is a fully integrated security subscription service protecting networks against malicious attacks from rogue websites while helping administrators manage and control user access.
Faultless and zero-delay scan structure
ZyXEL Content Filtering uses the pattern detection scan system that drives our optimized filter technology, improving performance and accuracy. Accurate category detection supports the embedded URL to ensure filtering is not overlooked. ZyXEL Content Filtering’s scan process provides two querying approaches:
- Ultra-low latency via locally cached database scan engine: More than 99% of controlled content is detected by locally cached database. The locally cached engine automatically adjusts entries according to the needs of each deployment by quickly learning the browsing habits of users. This is the heart of ZyXEL Content Filtering, providing high-performance web content scanning and detection.
- Updated cloud database scan engine: We not only provided an outstanding engine, but combine a filtering structure with a cloud service to ensure zero-delay category detection. When a URL is not found in the locally cached database, the querying process will redirect to the cloud database for URL mapping. Cloud query provides instant coverage for sites.
Based on cloud database mapping, our filtering service also detects shortened URLs in instances where the URL has been modified or transformed. By tracking constantly evolving URLs, the real-time detection cloud service provides the highest level of security protection.
SSL inspection eliminates hidden threats
The use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption has spread globally. Popular examples of websites utilizing SSL encryption include Dropbox and Gmail, which offer users the ability to encrypt their entire sessions. Unfortunately, attackers are also turning to encryption to evade detection and hide their attacks, intrusions, or malware. Now more than ever, enterprises need tools to inspect incoming and outgoing traffic for threats hiding behind SSL encryption.
ZyXEL Content Filtering supports deeper policy enforcement, inspecting traffic in SSL encrypted connections while blocking threats. Not only can Content Filtering detect SSL protocol, but it supports TLS (transport layer security), as well. ZyXEL Cloud Filtering offers customers the ultimate in optimized security online via public cloud application.
Unbeatable categorical scanning
ZyXEL technology utilizes automated learning to keep data up-to-date by relying on extensive resources like user queries, URL dynamics, security alliances, and more than 200 industry leading web data centers. ZyXEL Content Filtering targets more than 60 content categories and covering six primary groupings:
- Security threat: Websites that might spread malware, spyware, or phishing attacks
- Adult: Any material not suitable for children, including sexual content and gambling sites
- Illegal: Websites pertaining to illegal drugs, or promoting potentially illegal or immoral activity
- Life information: General information websites relating people’s livelihood containing content related to business, education, news, travel, lifestyle etc.
- Web entertainment and services: Web services providing real-time entertainment over the Internet, such as forums, games, streaming services, chat, etc.
- Miscellaneous: Unclassified or personal websites
Full list of categories covered by ZyXEL Content Filtering:
URL categorization request tool
If a website is incorrectly rated or classified, a user may be denied access an appropriate site or gain access the website that should have been blocked.
To correct this situation, ZyXEL provides a reporting tool. In the event that a website has been miscategorized, users can report the website URL for reclassification. Users can also test and inquire regarding current classification, and suggest a suitable category. The process of checking and reporting a website is extremely simple. All the user has to do is open the product GUI, enter the website URL, and suggest a category. Our security technology and response service strives to review each report within a reasonable timeframe — generally within 24 to 72 hours from delivery during normal business hours — and take any necessary action soon after.